Approximate Age: 54
Location: Johnston, SC (US)
Sep 11, 2012 - Johnston, SC (US)
Convicted: Puppy mill - nearly 300 animals seized
Sentence: Callie Abel, the owner of an alleged puppy mill that was raided in Edgefield County, pleaded guilty to all seven counts of ill treatment of animals.
The plea agreement included nine stipulations:
- She must pay court fees
- She must spay and neuter the three house dogs to be returned to her
- She will receive her bird
- She must clean her property within 60 days
- She must donate 30 bales of hay to Aiken Equine Rescue
- She must pay the SPCA for the boarding of her three house dogs
- She must clean her residence
- She must have no more than three dogs and one bird in Edgefield County
- She must surrender the other animals... more...